If you’re considering other lenders, give them this test...
1. Does their website just give you pretty pictures or does it provide you with in-depth education? This is usually an indication of how much they actually know about doing loans in Mexico.
2. Have they actually closed any loans in Mexico? If so, how many? Lots of lenders talk about it, but precious few have actually done it. HUGE difference. We have closed hundreds of loans in Mexico. Why risk doing your transaction with someone who is just cutting their teeth in the Mexico mortgage industry?
3. Do they have over 30 years of lending experience? More importantly, how much experience do they have doing loans in Mexico? We've been here since 2004.
4. Are they accustomed to working with the financial complexities of self-employed and high net worth clientele?
5. Do they have loan officers on-the-ground in Mexico?
6. Does the lender have Spanish speaking personnel?
7. Is the lender well established in the local real estate community and with the local government and legal contacts? This makes a big difference in terms of how quickly and smoothly your loan closing will go.
8. Has the lender ever invested in a home of their own in Mexico? Do they currently live there?
9. Are they charging upfront or commitment fees in excess of $200? Mortgages In Mexico doesn’t, so why would they?
10. Are they a top producer for the money sources they’re representing? Do they have long-established relationships with all of their lending sources?
Why Risk Your Transaction With ANY Lender Who Couldn't Pass This Test?????
Mortgages In Mexico Would Pass This Test With Flying Colors!!!